Encounter Designer (FPS)
Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking for a full-time Encounter Designer.
Our Game Design Department is looking for a creative, resourceful, and passionate Encounter Designer to join our Action Multiplayer Team. Our ideal candidate is thorough and pragmatic, capable of putting themselves in our players' shoes to create memorable enemies and challenging situations that are skill-testing but still fun and engaging.
As a member of the Action Multiplayer Dev Team, you will be working closely with Engineers as well as Level and Content Designers to create the Enemies and Missions our players will have to overcome in our games. You will help our Engineers define the behaviour for our Enemy AIs, balance their Health, Damage Output and other parameters to mesh with the Abilities and Weapons created by Content Designers, and together with Level Designers and Environment Artists outline the situations and locations where the player will fight them.
- Design, document and implement systems & features focusing on player challenges.
- Define and document parameters for AI perception and behavior.
- Test, tweak and iterate upon AI parameters to create challenging but fun encounters.
- Collaborate with Content Designers to ensure all features are working harmoniously.
- Provide Feedback to Content and Level Designers to enhance player experience.
- Design narrative beats and encounters that fit thematically within the game.
- Create and maintain databases of objects and properties.
- Professional experience in narrative design, game design or experience in similar tasks in the modding community.
- Basic knowledge of AI fundamentals for games.
- Basic knowledge of Combat and Level Design.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience with Unreal, Unity or any 3D game engine.
- Demonstrable coding or scripting experience.
- Strong interest in FPS games, particularly Survival and CoOp titles.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Content, Mission or Encounter Designer.
- Working Remotely is an Option.
- Se Habla Español.
Founded in 2002, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading game development studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League. Check out our latest news on our website.