Diverse Talent - Game Design
Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking to diversify its Game Design Talent Pool.
As a part of our ongoing efforts to attract and hire more diverse talent, we are searching for more women and non-binary people with a strong interest in developing themselves in the videogame industry to join our team. We are looking for adaptable and creative individuals from all skill levels who love learning, capable of collaborating effectively with a diverse team, and with the ability to take initiative, come up with practical actions, and produce results.
If you enjoy creating and telling stories, are capable of putting yourself in the shoes of others, and want to help others come together to achieve their goals, read on!
As a part of our Design Department, you will be responsible for defining the features and mechanics our players interact with: From balancing the economy of a strategy game, to laying out the levels for an action shooter, to refining interface and usability. Whether you are in UX, Content, Systems or Level Design, you will be working together with other designers, programmers, artists and QA analysts to help build the best version of our games.
No matter if you have an extensive background in games or you are a tabletop GM who wants to get started in the industry, if you have a strong desire to learn and want to help us change the way games are made, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Deliver a successful end-user experience together with your team-mates.
- Design, document and iterate upon mechanics and features.
- Write narrative briefs (Story outlines, character bios or location history)
- Create gameplay assets and tweak parameters in-engine.
You should have:
- Desire to learn and develop themselves in the video game industry.
- Good understanding of what makes games fun.
- Passion for creating engaging experiences.
- Familiarity with text processors and spreadsheets (Excel/Word or GSuite).
- Good command of English written communication and listening comprehension.
- Adaptability to work in a primarily Spanish-speaking environment.
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience with UE4, Unity or other 3D game engines.
- Experience in Game Development, especially in any Game Design role.
- Interest in Games in general (Video Games, Tabletop RPGs, Board Games, etc)
- Proficiency creating and managing complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Working remotely is an option.
Founded in 2002, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading game development studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League. Check out our latest news at our website.