Dev QA Lead
Are you ready for your next big career move in sports gaming? Nifty Games is seeking a Dev QA Lead to support the development of NBA Clash. The ideal candidate has solid experience supporting a game development team with daily QA and build tasks, as well as coordination of ongoing QA efforts.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Tester on a development team
- A highly proficient individual contributor that can set test schedules, design and execute QA test plans
- Work directly with the Development team to review check ins, find bugs, and ensure that daily build jobs always succeed
- Test preview builds on iOS/Android, juggling multiple versions and devices on a daily basis to support QA needs
- Work hand in hand with production to support feature releases, coordinate the testplan process, and drive quality, bug-free deliverables
- Support playtest sessions, capture feedback and bugs, and provide detailed information to designers, artists, and engineers on the development team
- Interface with external partners, contractors, and remote teammates to support the QA functions
- Skilled in the use of tools such as JIRA, Testrail, Slack, Excel and Google Suite
- Proficiency with source control systems (Perforce, Git) and tools for compiling game builds (Jenkins.)
- Familiarity with Unity Editor is a plus
- Experience shipping at least one free-to-play mobile title with live operations
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills, able to prioritize and stay on task in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A team-first player who is able to work well with all disciplines, both on-site and remote
What Additional Skills Will Help You Stand Out?
- Passion for mobile free to play gaming and sports games
- General interest in Sports and the NBA
- Programming experience a plus, bonus for C# experience
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in any location. Nifty Games is a venture-funded games developer & publisher focused on quick session, head to-head sports games for mobile devices. Nifty Games is a proud partner of the NFL, NFLPA, NBA & NBPA. Learn more at www.niftygamesinc.com. Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will be exercising caution with all employees ,and are not requiring employees to work on-site at this time. This role will likely be starting in a "work from home" capacity until conditions allow for a safe return to the office.