3D Character Animator
Are you ready for your next big career move in sports gaming? Nifty Games is looking for an Animator to join the veteran team building NFL Clash. You will work closely with our Art, Design and Engineering team to create innovative gameplay and epic moments for next generation mobile games. You bring strong attention to detail, can operate in an agile, self-sufficient pod with teammates, and are committed to delivering authentic NFL animation to millions of fans worldwide.
- Please include a portfolio/reel that includes a detailed breakdown of your work showing your capabilities for each section
- In-depth understanding of anatomy and motion
- Expert at Maya, Max or Motionbuilder
- Excellent hand key animation skills
- Experience with Unity Animator Controller state machines and blendtrees
- Experience with modern character pipelines
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, and a great team-player attitude
- Create game-ready animations utilizing both hand-keyed and motion capture animation data, on realistic human athletes
- Collaborate with gameplay engineers to integrate animations in game and iterate together to hit fun and quality goals
- Expertly apply basic animation principles to gameplay animation: timing, acting, & body mechanics
- Problem-solve anything related to animation as well as gameplay systems, to help the team no matter where in the pipeline
- Coordinate with designers, producers and art leads on animated-related issues, ideation, and project planning
- 2-3 years of professional animation experience
- A strong understanding of professional football will definitely make you a standout applicant!
- Highly organized with strong problem solving skills, able to prioritize and stay on task in a fast-paced environment
What Additional Skills Will Help You Stand Out?
- Passion to learn new tools and technologies, with Skinning, Rigging, and Anim TD skills a major plus
- Passion for mobile gaming and professional sports!
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in any location. Nifty Games is a venture-funded games developer & publisher focused on quick session, head to-head sports games for mobile devices. Nifty Games is a proud partner of the NFL, NFLPA, NBA & NBPA