Niantic Labs, creator of Field Trip, Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced UX/UI Designer to help shape cutting-edge, highly social AR experiences and innovative non-game apps that move people through the real world. We’re a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals. You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
- Create user interaction design systems and UX flow wireframes for a new Niantic app.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to many UX and AR experience challenges.
- Design intuitive user interfaces.
- Lead user studies and UX research to help refine and fine-tune the apps towards product goals.
- Work closely with a cross functional pod of engineers, product managers, and artists to to merge the virtual with the real world and to encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
- You have experience of making AR, SNS, or geolocation type of apps.
- You have experience of using 3D computer graphic design applications to create graphic elements in 3D space.
- You have experience of building websites or desktop applications.
- You have curiosity and interests to create experimental features using geo location and AR.
- You have skills in Unity 3D, C#, real-time VFX, and artistic skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.