Strategic Finance Analyst
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Analyst who will be a key player responsible for forecasting, performing budget vs. actuals analysis, headcount tracking, business partnering, and tracking and benchmarking Key Performance Indicators for the business.
This candidate will partner with business leaders across the company and use financial acumen to drive positive return on investment. You will work with multiple business partners to define and deliver insightful metrics, analyses, forecasts, and operational finance support. A successful candidate will possess keen critical thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills; wants to work, support and thrive in a position that has an excellent career path. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, headcount and long-range planning process across the organization.
- Provide financial analysis, business modeling and recommendations to senior executives and business leaders.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and ability to understand sophisticated business models and to drive end-to-end modeling for new business opportunities.
- Conduct industry, market and company-specific research and benchmarking analyses.
- Develop the creation of transaction materials, including investor decks, confidential information memorandums and management presentations.
- Be a strategic business partner by providing guidance and insights on budgets and reporting variance analysis on a department and project level.
- Assist in quarterly reporting package that includes financial performance, detailed reporting of key financial metrics, and executive level explanations of variances and trends.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task with limited direct supervision.
- A well-rounded top performer, combination of analytical and interpersonal skills, execution-oriented and attention to timelines.
- 1-3 years of experience at a high growth venture backed startup or a top-tier investment bank, private equity, or hedge fund; TMT and/or AR/VR sector is highly preferred
- Proven ability to present complex financial analysis in a clear and compelling message.
- Outstanding analytical and modeling skills, Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Experience configuring and working with Adaptive, Netsuite and other financial tools a plus.
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen.
- You’re positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.