Niantic is looking for a Staff Accountant to be a key member of the Accounting team. You will be involved with day-to-day accounting operations and monthly close process. We are seeking a team member who is ready to learn, grow and contribute to our fast-growing company.
Our Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Create journal entries and support the month-end close process.
- Prepare and maintain account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Partner with cross-functional business partners to manage and improve existing accrual and close processes.
- Perform flux analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects and assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize.
- Public accounting experience.
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Experience in a start-up.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.