Software Technical Lead, Mobile Client Platform
Niantic is seeking a Technical Lead for our mobile client platform team. You will lead a unique effort to explore new technologies for platform, shaping the future direction for mobile development across all of Niantic.
We seek engineers with strong technical background, great execution, and self-starter mentality. The ideal candidate loves to jump into the unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and break down vague ideas into concrete tasks. You will mentor and lead a team of engineers.
This role has a high degree of freedom and independence, but is also accountable to multiple stakeholders.
- Research viable technologies and prototype proofs of concept.
- Take initiative to suggest technical improvements and direction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with UX, marketing, product management, engineering, and leadership.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of mobile client experience in iOS, Android, Unity, React Native, Flutter, and/or other frameworks.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a technical lead or engineering manager.
- You have experience building applications using React Native.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.