Software Engineer, Unity/C# Client
Niantic is seeking Software Engineers to help build next-generation augmented reality and location-based experiences using Niantic’s Real World Platform.
Niantic builds 3D games on mobile platforms (Android, iOS) using Unity and C#; those games are supported by many platform components developed in-house on the same technologies.
We're seeking passionate folks to build those mobile, real-time, AR/Geo technology and experiences with Unity and C# for Android and iOS; we're looking for engineers to implement the parts that will contribute to compelling gameplay for our diverse and passionate players.
Our focus is shipping fun, world-class games. We value engineers who consistently deliver quality results. You will join an outstanding team of creative people to build cutting-edge mobile and AR experiences.
- Design and implement Unity client software for Niantic products, that is cross-platform for Android and iOS
- Perform load and performance testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure production systems quality.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Work towards innovative technical solutions from complex problems and ambiguous goals, in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- Opportunities are available across all levels — 5+ years for senior level candidates.
- Proficiency in C# for Unity.
- Experience working with Unity on mobile devices on Android and iOS or mixed reality platforms
- Experience building 3D games, applications, or developer SDKs, particularly in Unity or Unreal.
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team working with game designers, producers, artists and UX designers.
- Experience developing cross platform software (Java, Obj-C, C/C++), for mobile, XR, embedded or console devices.
- Experience building server-side features, shaders, native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- Experience in UX Design / ergonomics.
- Experience with Apple ARKit, Google ARCore, or Unity AR Foundation.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.