(Closed) Software Engineer, Unity
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create high-performance mobile real-world MMO games at massive scale using Unity 3D on Android and iOS. You will work on a wide variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun real-world gameplay for a user-base in the billions.
- Build engaging gameplay features that are fun and easy to use.
- Create technical designs and develop code on game features for a devoted user-base.
- Design and implement cross-platform code for Android/iOS.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years of work experience with Unity on mobile devices in Android and iOS.
- You have 3D game engine experience, particularly in Unity3D.
- You can work in multiple programming languages in C# for Unity, Java in Android, Obj-C in iOS, C/C++ mobile native.
- You have mobile or console game performance optimization experience.
- Proficiency in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean languages.
- Experience building native Unity plugins.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.