Software Engineer, Server, Ads
Niantic’s Ads Engineering Team is seeking Software Engineers to join the team that works on the Ads platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and future titles built on this platform. You will design and implement solutions that can serve contextual location based innovative Ads to millions of users per day at scale and track performance in real time, target user segments accurately, provide comprehensive analytics and deliver measurable value to our brand partners. In addition, you’ll work on encapsulating those technologies into a platform with SDKs and APIs to enable easy integration for both Niantic internal and outside developers.
- You will craft server side AdTech solutions to support planet-scale game servers, platform services, large datastores, secure networking and real time analytics.
- You will build reliable, high-throughput, low-latency and scalable server and networking systems that support Niantic’s developers and products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- 5+ years of experience building reliable and scalable realtime server systems.
- Proficiency in Java/Go/C++ with working knowledge of Python, SQL.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud platforms such as Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting production systems.
- You are familiar with RTB, User Segmentation, Targeting technologies in AdTech.
- You have written network protocols using gRPC for highly available services.
- You are familiar with building scalable consumer scale services.
- You have knowledge about service discovery, multi tenancy, database access, concurrency control or cache consistency.
- You are familiar with one or more open source projects, such as Redis, Prometheus, Grafana.
- You have experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.