Senior Technical Writer
Do you love concise and informative documentation? Niantic's engineering team is seeking an adaptable technical writer to produce and maintain stellar developer guides and API references for a variety of audiences. You will write new documents for all parts of Niantic's platform, ensure existing documents remain current and accurate, and constantly seek to clarify, unify, and improve Niantic's software reference materials. If you're meticulous and love to bring clarity, this role may be for you!
- Produce clear, comprehensive, and digestible documentation, including but not limited to: API reference, developer guides, and release notes.
- Review and edit software documentation for accuracy and consistency in tone.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure a high editorial standard for quality and accuracy of platform documentation throughout the company.
- 5+ years professional experience in writing developer-facing software documentation.
- BS in an engineering-, writing-, or communications-related field.
- Experience reading and modifying source code.
- Outstanding command of written English, in terms both of communication and of grammar.
- Strong project management, communication, and cross-group collaboration capabilities.
- Ability to understand new APIs, learn how they work, and document them in concise, easy-to-follow language.
- Demonstrated experience working with style guides.
- You are familiar with Sphinx.
- You have Java or C#, and/or Unity experience.
- You have experience working in developer support/developer relations.
- You have experience with video production or editing.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.