Senior Product Manager, Ads Platform
Want to build novel location-based augmented reality marketing solutions that users find fun and helpful? We’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to drive the development of our ads platform.
You will own the strategy and delivery of our ad server infrastructure, algorithms and advertiser tools for contextual location-based and augmented reality ads for our popular AR games and experiences on the Lightship Platform. Your scope will be high impact and strategic. There will be many 0 to 1 opportunities to launch new products and features. You will partner with a great engineering team and world-class Sales team led by the former head of go-to-market at YouTube.
- Drive product strategy and long-term vision for initiatives across our Ads Platform, enabling brands and businesses to reach consumers through fun experiences contextualized to the real world.
- Work with the engineering, machine learning, and revenue teams to define and build ad server features, including both advertiser-facing features as well as core infrastructure such as ads ranking, auction system, ads quality, personalization, prediction, and measurement/attribution.
- Conduct industry and customer research to define the roadmap for the ad server supporting our unique formats across all of Niantic's popular AR games and other applications.
- Drive analyses to help us optimize the ad system with respect to user and advertiser experiences, including user research, data analyses, experiments, usability studies etc.
- Make recommendations about whether to build, buy, or partner for key capabilities required to deliver products to the market.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data sciences, marketing, legal, business development and sales teams to build and release new features.
- 5+ years of relevant job experience in Ads product management, especially in ad server, personalization, or measurement.
- Passion for building products that serve business users, especially marketers.
- Interest and experience in building 0 to 1 products.
- Strong analytical abilities, at ease working with spreadsheets and multiple sources of data to turn numbers into insights.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand technical subjects and new technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with sales, marketing and business development teams.
- A proven track record of engaging with engineering leads as partners to define a development backlog.
- Strong internal and external presentation abilities.
- Bonus points for experience with marketing effectiveness measurement for retail, QSR, and CPG.
- Familiarity with Niantic games and Niantic's community as well as other gaming communities is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.