(Closed) Senior Producer – Battle, Pokémon GO
There are real-life Cynthias, Irises, Leons, and Stevens out there. Your job, as the Sr. Producer – Battle for Pokémon GO, is to build the competitive ecosystem for those to-be-discovered champions. The ideal candidate is thrilled by a combination of Pokémon GO’s scale, its growing PvP scene, and the vast potential of augmented reality. They'll be our authority on the state of mobile esports and competitive gaming; they’ll define our long-term strategy for competitive play; and they’ll drive that strategy’s execution. Sound like you?
- Think big - you’ll look beyond today’s constraints and think about franchise-defining opportunities in competitive play.
- Understand our battlers. You’ll care deeply for Trainers who love to battle and constantly learn about their experiences. Your team, and the Pokémon GO team broadly, will trust you as the voice for those battle-hardened Trainers.
- Communicate. You’ll influence and persuade your team to follow you towards those franchise-defining opportunities. You’ll convince product and company leadership to trust you.
- Simplify. You’ll distill complex problems down to their essentials, but you won’t oversimplify them.
- Prioritize. You’ll determine the possible impact of your team’s work and weigh it against the effort required to make the work happen, without shying away from big, awesome opportunities.
- You’ll understand the right amount of data needed to forecast impact, ensure your work is measured, and ship work which delivers on your forecasts.
- Execute. You’ll do whatever it takes to ship.
- Understand technical trade-offs. You’ll accurately estimate the technical complexity of possible work, so you can accurately prioritize the work.
- 5+ years of gaming production experience.
- Production for a game with a large competitive ecosystem.
- Production for a mobile game.
- Experience working with diverse teams.
- Earning the Pikachu Libre avatar items from GO Battle League.
- Experience as a gaming product manager.
- Hitting Ace or higher in GO Battle League.
- Participating in Play! Pokémon Trading Card or Video Game events.
- Have driven double-digit user growth for a competitive game.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.