Product Marketing Manager, New Product
Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a Product Marketing Manager you will help build and drive marketing strategies for an unannounced, stealth Niantic product. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns, increase retention, and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games.
Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll work with a team of passionate and hardworking marketers to build impactful campaigns from scratch, coordinate the marketing strategy for global franchises, and collaborate with executives. And of course, you’ll have tons of fun with us! This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Craft and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues (i.e., Community Management team, CRM/Direct Marketing team, etc) and cross-functional colleagues such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Corporate Communications, Legal, and PR.
- Handle relationships with key business partners and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Product Management team to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Define, execute, monitor, and lead Live Ops strategy & programs with team members.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies.
- Build, guide, and track the global marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-10 years of marketing experience in areas, including:
- Prior direct responsibility for crafting and coordinating multi-channel go-to-market campaigns, delivering results that achieve business objectives.
- Multifaceted understanding of driving ongoing product growth via cross-platform channels such as Direct marketing, social media marketing and performance ads.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking, and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products and customers.
- Knowledge of social platforms and their key audience retention strategies.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission, and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Passion for immersive entertainment and theatrical experiences.
- You have an MBA.
- Familiarity with Niantic Games (Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite).
- Proficiency in G-Suite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.