Product Manager - Special Projects
Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile, location, and augmented reality technologies? We’re looking for a Product Manager to work on special projects and serve as “chief of staff” on our product team. You will work directly with the VP of Product and members of the Executive Leadership Team to define strategies, establish processes, craft communications, and prioritize between multiple core projects. Additionally, you'll coordinate with product managers and cross-functional partners throughout the company and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This is also a great role for someone looking to transition from a business, strategy or project management background into product management. This position is not eligible for TN visa sponsorship.
- Evaluate various new business and product opportunities and establish product strategy.
- Work with product team leads to define and prioritize player needs and work alongside the cross-functional team to translate these into specifications and action plans, helping the team execute on them and measure success after release.
- Define project plans, establish goals, and coordinate development and implementation against those goals.
- Communicate product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including engineering, sales, marketing, technical, and service support teams.
- Drive product and business strategies for the Niantic platform for developers to easily design and scale incredible real world experiences using Niantic’s technology stack.
- Work as a horizontal leader of cross-functional teams; drive partnership between the Engineering, Design, Finance, Marketing, Operations and Business Development teams to provide unified product experience across all touchpoints and drive product-related initiatives.
- Lead or support a variety of ad-hoc initiatives critical to the company's mission.
- Ability to achieve results-oriented goals in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- MBA or management consulting experience is helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related is a plus.
- Proven quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Passion for entrepreneurial management in emerging technology especially in AR, mobile games, location-related technologies, matched with a desire to take on difficult problems.
- Familiarity with leading complex projects with many partners, including executives.
- Experience in evaluating strategic business opportunities.
- Experience in working with consumer technology products, developer APIs, distributed systems, big data and/or machine learning work.
- Comfortable using data management tools to explore data when needed.
- Willingness to travel.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.