Are you ready for driving product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? Come make the world a bit better by helping users go out and explore the world. We’re looking for an ambitious and creative Producer/Game Designer to work on current and upcoming features at Niantic. You will build compelling game play and lead development of innovative products, driving cross-functional teams to delight our users. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Become a pro at game balancing by leading the fixing of core systems, events, and future releases.
- Be the point of contact on data analysis and data driven decision-making, working with colleagues from neighboring departments to drive product updates into fruition.
- Communicate designs with clear and concise documentation.
- Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready product specs.
- Be a key player in contributing to roadmap planning.
- Break down multi-faceted issues into workable components to guide our product from creation to launch.
- Work with team leadership to define the operational properties of project development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management and budgets.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization, communication, and management skills.
- Experience working on game design and game balancing.
- Experience working and shipping features for a high profile game with a significant amount of daily active users (ideally on a mobile platform).
- Experience working with external developers and A/B split testing.
- Experience working as a horizontal leader of cross-functional teams (design, engineering, production, etc.).
- You have an interest in AR and mobile games.
- You have vast knowledge of the Free-to-Play game market.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.