Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s engineering team is seeking Partner Engineers that enable developers to craft and publish a new slate of incredible experiences on our real-world geospatial platform. You will work directly with our game teams to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences. You will provide direct support to developers throughout the entire lifecycle of platform adoption. You will guide developer teams from pre-contract prototyping, to initial development and integration, to publication by Niantic.
- Deeply understand the Niantic Platform API and their underlying implementations. Be the “first line” consumer of our SDKs, writing effective applications that demonstrate the use of our API and Platform to our integrators.
- Collaborate with developers to understand and resolve technology issues.
- Develop tools, documentation, and repeatable processes to help adoption of our SDKs and Platform.
- Gather technical requirements, perform design review, receive feedback, and work with Engineering and Product teams to ensure partnerships are successful.
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant project/product and technology areas. Propose and implement critical initiatives to improve the integration processes, which may require working with cross-sectional teams.
- You are a software engineer with at least 3 years of experience with at least 1 year working on server side code.
- Experience in Unity mobile development and at least 1 year of client design experience.
- Passionate about learning and development for yourself and others including teaching and mentoring other engineers.
- Strong creativity for software development projects and can quickly understand new technologies and translate them into tangible and useful applications.
- Confident and empathetic in written and verbal communication and have at least 1 year of experience in speaking to technical and business audiences.
- You have worked in the gaming industry previously as an engineer.
- You have experience in AR or geospatial technologies.
- You have at least 1 year of experience as an integration engineer, partner engineer, developer relations engineer, or similar roles, and demonstrating highly-skilled technical communication skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.