Marketing Communication Lead - APAC
At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures with others. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to step outside and go on an adventure? If so, our Marketing team is seeking a Marketing Communication Lead based in Tokyo. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking with proven communication and written skills and experience managing various communication channels. If you're a professional at project managing localization and writing, are an effective communicator with attention to detail, and are interested in championing community feedback, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with the global Product and Marketing teams to understand product specification, draft marketing, and execute. The person needs to be open to learn the tech/game industry culture proactively. Basic level of Business English is crucial to work with colleagues. This is a full-time position located at our Tokyo office. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Develop and execute product marketing communication strategy and activities to grow the players in the APAC market using various marketing channels, including blogs, social media, forums, and direct marketing channels.
- Localize global marketing communication materials to best cater to the APAC audience, with clear articulation of the spec and benefits to the players, communicating game specific vision, and representing Niantic voice.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the voice of the community in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Lead the development of cross channel, cross game community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, reporting on their performance.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user generated content.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with brand communications and social media.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community forums, social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), and how they can help achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills in Japanese.
- Basic-level of Business English to write, listen, and communicate internally.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to occasionally work atypical hours to support launches and events.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming communities.
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines is a plus.
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.