Head of Corporate Development
Niantic's Business Development team seeks a Head of Corporate Development to execute strategic acquisitions. The idea person for this role will be driven to deeply understand how to take advantage of Niantic’s opportunity, diligent about their work and comfortable debating ideas. You will be responsible for helping to establish inorganic growth priorities, determining areas to buy, build or partner, identifying potential acquisition opportunities, executing M&A deals and driving integration with key partners. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Understand our strategy and identify acquisitions to address our current and future opportunities.
- Research and articulate the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats.
- Build positive relationships with strategic targets including understanding their strategy, financials, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus.
- Partner and collaborate closely with internal cross-functional leaders to assess, diligence and integrate acquisitions
- Structure, negotiate and close M&A transactions.
- Drive M&A integration as key point of contact for target company executives to ensure a smooth transition into Niantic.
- Identify and track relevant and impactful metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status.
- University degree and/or MBA or JD with 5+ years of relevant business development, corporate development or legal experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- 5+ years overall work experience.
- An understanding of technology and software.
- Familiarity with M&A processes and finance, in-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to motivate, collaborate and work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities - you don't ruffle.
- Passionate about Niantic and the problems we are solving.
- You are multilingual.
- You have experience in Investment Banking or Management Consulting.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.