Engineering Manager, Build Infrastructure, AR Team
Niantic’s Augmented Reality Engineering Team is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team building systems that scale at the heart of high-performance mobile clients for our AR platform. You will work to serve your team, empowering them in their professional and personal development employing empathy along the way. You will help push for high technical standards and understand customer needs. Your team will help empower engineers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences across Niantic and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Serve team needs.
- Work in a cross functional environment.
- Mentor team members and foster their career development through measurable goals.
- Employ emotional intelligence to diffuse tensions and improve cross-team relations.
- Recruit and hire great talent for the team.
- Ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Identifying developers needs and defining plans to help fulfill those needs.
- Proven experience leading teams of 4+ engineers.
- Must know some C/C++ and be proficient in at least one other programming language (Python, C#, Perl, Groovy).
- Proficiency with a shell environment (bash, zsh, ect.) and Unix/Linux commands.
- A fast-learner with a desire to improve the developer experience of their fellow engineers.
- Experience integrating CI and other tools with code repositories.
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines and building systems (e.g. Travis, gitlab-ci, circle-ci, jenkins, etc).
- Experience building multi-language cross-platform code bases.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.