3D CG Artist - APAC
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, seeks a 3D Artist to help build a wide array of art assets for use in our creative projects. Niantic is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco, Seattle and Tokyo. You will have 3D generalist responsibilities including 3D modeling and rendering, using Maya, Unity, and other computer graphics tools to help merge the virtual with the real world. .
- You will craft mobile-device optimized low-poly 3D models for production use.
- You will design characters, objects and build 3D models for them.
- You will animate 3D characters and objects.
- You will craft high resolution 3D models for concept art, or for use in marketing campaigns.
- You have a BA or equivalent degree in studio art, computer graphics, or technical field.
- You possess 3D generalist skill set, including modeling and rendering.
- You have expert-level experience with Maya.
- You hold a deep understanding of rendering and lighting concepts.
- You have solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting).
- You have experience with Unity 3D.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.