Niantic seeks a 3D Artist to help build a wide array of art assets for use in our creative projects. Niantic is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco, Seattle and Tokyo. You will have 3D generalist responsibilities including 3D modeling and rendering, using Maya, Unity, and other computer graphics tools to help merge the virtual with the real world.
- Create mobile-device optimized low-poly 3D models for production use.
- Create high resolution 3D models for concept art, or for use in marketing campaigns.
- Generate 3D renderings of different styles adhering to the project art direction.
- Use of scripting to automate 3D modeling / shading.
- Possesses 3D generalist skill set, including modeling and rendering.
- Expert-level experience with Maya.
- Solid understanding of rendering and lighting concepts.
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting) a plus.
- Experience with Unity 3D is a plus.
- BA or equivalent degree in studio art, computer graphics, or technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.