(Closed) 3D Artist - Ingress
Niantic Inc., creators of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced, creative, and artistically talented 3D Artist to join our Ingress team in Los Angeles. We are looking for a hardworking and accomplished developer who will be able to work with our game team and help to take Ingress to the next level.
- Build 3D art assets, including models, textures and particle effects that will not only improve the game's visuals, but will also fit with its design and art style.
- Work closely and take direction from the Art Director in creating assets within the established vision.
- Implement 3D assets into Unity.
- Create animations that help to make the game world feel alive.
- Eye for depth, volume, proportions, color, silhouette and readability.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional game team, including artists, designers and engineers.
- Execute at all stages of the production cycle from concept to final product launch.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in the video game industry, or a very strong portfolio.
- Ability to model, unwrap and texture 3D models that are optimized for mobile platforms.
- Strong skills in Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Extensive knowledge of the Unity engine, including implementing models and textures, lighting, material shaders, in engine animation and the Unity particle system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven portfolio of work showcasing samples of 3D models, textures and particle systems for mobile applications.
- Experience using Modo or other 3D software.
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills.
- A passion for games and gaming over a variety of genres and platforms.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.