(Closed) Manager, Influencer and Talent Marketing
The Manager, Influencer & Talent Marketing will be responsible the build out and management of a world class Influencer program that will expand the overall reach of the League with critical audiences.
An effective candidate must be a true entertainment industry expert with proven experience and ability in: identifying and bringing together emerging and established talent via relationships and creative deal structuring, balancing the needs of talent with the needs of the organization, supporting decisions with data and research, driving new ideas and concepts forward, and contributing to the build out and day-to-day management of a world class influencer and talent program that will garner respect from fans, players, clubs, and League sponsors. The Influence & Talent Marketing Manager will also provide support in all aspects of Influencer Marketing strategy development and influencer opportunities across NFL stakeholders (e.g. NFL, NFL Network, The Checkdown, NFL Films, Football Operations, Communications) ensuring League objectives are being met.
As point person for influencers and talent, this candidate will leverage key NFL assets to broaden reach and drive engagement particularly with fans 12-24 years old. The Manager, Influencer & Talent Marketing will be a pivotal position in building the new Influence Marketing department while creating “made for social moments” to bolster interest around critical League initiatives (ex; Super Bowl, NFL Draft, Pro Bowl, Combine, NFL Kickoff, NFL 100, “off-season”, etc).
The ideal candidate is also connected, an expert networker with an expansive rolodex of contacts across key industries (fashion, music, sports/fitness, gaming, and culture) and has a deep understanding of the multicultural, Gen Z, and young millennial consumer and can help shape fan expression for the NFL brand throughout the season by identifying key influencers and talent that share similar interests and values
In their day-to-day the Manager, Influencer & Talent Marketings will be responsible for to building and maintaining direct, on-going relationships with key talent emerging and established talent while creating an expansive roster within specific verticals; Fashion, Music, Fitness, eSports, Gaming and Culture/ Culinary. They will also be responsible for conceptualizing unique ideas for event activations and key NFL moments and bringing these ideas/ events/ programs to life through successful project and event management.
The successful candidate will partner with and report directly to the Sr. Director, Influencer Marketing to build and deliver against a highly collaborative, cross-functional business plan and team process that consistently delivers best in class initiatives related to NFL strategic priorities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and implement Influencer & Talent Marketing plans in partnership with the greater Influencer Marketing, Music, Collegiate, Club Marketing and Social Teams.
- Lead the development of our Club Influencer Marketing Support programs (tools and resources)
- Build and maintain the league’s database for Influencers and talent
- Leverage key relationships to position the league as a tastemaker and industry leader in influencer and talent partnerships
- Build new connections in an expansive, ever-changing entertainment community and create experiences that enable influencers to connect with players, create content, and tell stories in partnership with the social team
- Ability to defend decisions with critical insight, data, and trend analysis
- Measuring, analyzing performance of key influencer initiatives and educate the greater organization oh how to optimize these activations via best practice sharing
- Own the Influencer / Talent identification and outreach and project casting process for brand and advertising partnerships
- Build and maintain direct Influencer/ Talent relationships understand and support their personal growth and development by pairing them with complimentary activation opportunities within the league to avoid pay-to-play moments.
- Have strong, personal relationships and a deep understanding the goals of individual Influencer/ Talents and working with them at an on-going basis to field ideas and provide feedback for partnerships, activations, collaborations, and social media opportunities– balancing the goals of the influencer/talent with the needs of our organization
- Own and manage all aspects of Influencer/ Talent Gifting working with a vendor on packaging and ensuring FTC compliant messaging
- Support all aspects of Influencer/ Talent Booking Admin from finance & payment, travel and accommodations, and recap/ reporting
- Build and provide the organization and clubs with a toolkit of resources and support to unlock a deeper understanding of best-in-class influencer marketing
- Coordinate with external partners (e.g. agencies, vendors, platforms) on needs and best practice sharing
- Provide consistent updates on trends and updates in the influencer space applicable to the NFL
- Contributes to preparations for meetings, writes agendas, prepares facilities, and records/ transcribes minutes of meetings
- Gathers basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary
- 3-5 years of experience in managing external talent and relationships
- Ability to evaluate potential talent on brand fit for the league against a set criteria. Agency, music label, or otherwise talent management experience preferred
- Track record of accomplishments in the influencer and talent space; specifically in bringing big and new ideas to life successfully
- Quantifiable experience in conceptualizing unique event activations and experiences and proven track record of bringing new concepts to life via successful event management and event production
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects under aggressive time constraints with many with cross functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a deep understanding of departmental business objectives and how/ when Influencer Marketing makes sense and will drive tangible results.
- Excellent communication, project and event management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish deep and dynamic relationships with partners within the music, gaming, fashion, and fitness genres as well as talent agencies, media partners, publicists, managers, etc.
- BA/BS from undergraduate university with degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- A sports fan in general, and more specifically an NFL fan. Knowledgeable about football.
- Energetic, Flexible, Resourceful, Collaborative