(Closed) Director, Digital Gaming Business Development
The NFL is seeking a high energy executive to focus on building new relationships with industry leading publishers to expand its presence in the digital gaming space. The ideal candidate is a savvy business development executive with a history of generating value for entertainment and technology companies. Their track record speaks for itself and their extensive personal network stands as a testament to their ability to negotiate and close partnerships. This person is an avid gamer with an appreciate for games as a business. Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Gaming & eSports the person in this role will be responsible for all gaming business development.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing business through new potential Digital Gaming Licensee’s:
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to develop a coherent understanding of market opportunities, emerging customer needs, and the competitive landscape
- Develop business models to analyze deals and performance
- Build and manage a process for effective partnership due diligence (business and technical)
- Create tailored made business & financial proposals for the potential partners, working closely with the internal NFL stakeholders
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and close strategic deals and other partnerships in an aggressive time frame
- KPI dashboard development, tracking and performance including the financial results and contract terms
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with gaming licensees, NFL Clubs and third parties, involving colleagues from other relevant departments, to explore any new effective way to drive improved fan experiences, generate high-margin NFL revenue, and maximize partnership across the League.
- Identify Partnership opportunities to deliver added value back to the NFL i.e. data, sponsorship or media assets.
- Monitor industry trends, identify best practices of competing sports and gaming properties, and use this information to drive innovation among the League’s partner base.
- Performs related duties as required
- BA required, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related business development experience
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of the games and/or interactive media market (not just a gamer, but an avid interest in games as a business)
- Prior experience working with partnerships ranging from global entertainment companies, publishers, developers, OEMs, mobile carriers & app stores.
- Proven track record of qualifying, scoping and closing multi-million dollar revenue generating partnerships
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and deliver on key milestones
- Outstanding ability to establish and maintain a strong deal pipeline
- Skilled at structuring and negotiating complex partnerships
- Experience defining strategic long-term organizational goals
- Enthusiastic willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and do whatever it takes
- Comfortable presenting to “C” level executive management
- Strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, and highly collaborative
- Previous growth stage company experience is beneficial
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Terrific interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to translate technical gaming knowledge to NFL colleagues at all experience levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively across teammates
(Tell 'em Hitmarker sent you!)