Senior Software Engineer
Chrono is an exciting, fast-paced startup that is building a new platform to deliver incredible value to content creators through commerce. We’re looking for a passionate technical leader who is excited about our brand new platform, Nexus.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Chrono you will be designing, developing, maintaining, and deploying mission critical systems for the Nexus platform. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers to ensure our platform can meet the needs of content creators at scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across and significantly impact many different backend and frontend systems.
We put content creators first at Chrono. We believe that creators deserve the ability to earn a living by pursuing and sharing their passion for gaming with their audiences. Through Nexus we partner with creators to provide an authentic, on-brand, ad-free storefront where they can sell the games they love.
(Remote working is possible)
- Design, develop, test, and deploy systems, applications, toolkits, and utilities with a focus on scalability, reliability, security, and usability
- Work closely with Engineering and Product stakeholders to define technical requirements
- Contribute to and improve coding best practices, documentation, and standards
- Build user-facing tools for both rich web applications and command-line interfaces
- Design data systems and automation pipelines to increase Engineering efficiency
- Collaborate effectively in a remote-first environment
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers on the team
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering and releasing scaled web products
- Hands-on experience building end-to-end systems and services from the backend to the frontend
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, and fraud detection
- Experience using cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working on and analyzing high-traffic, responsive web sites and applications
- Proficiency building RESTful APIs on Node.JS
- Passion for content creators
Send us an email via the button below with:
- Your résumé or LinkedIn
- Are you currently playing any games? If so, which one(s)?
- Do you have a favorite content creator? If so, who?
- Why are you interested in working with us?
- A link to any open-source projects you may have contributed to, or a GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket profile if you have one (not required)