(Closed) Product Strategist I
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class eSports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment, whether that’s in-studio or at stadium-sized venues.
We seek out ambitious partners and act as the leading eSports company for new gaming titles.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that’s driven to deeply understand and speak to the ambitions of the next generation of competitive games, partners, and communities; for someone who gets fired-up about dreaming up, selling and promoting esports initiatives alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.
As a wise old man once said, “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this!”
WE NEED YOU TO
- Support development of client proposals during sales pitch process when assigned, including the following:
- Coordinate with sales staff to interpret client product requests
- Conduct or provide questions for prospect Q&A call
- Collaborate with creative team by providing deck outline and template
- Accompany Account Executive during sales calls
- Generate client budgets and SOW documents as quickly and accurately as possible when assigned.
- Craft, amend, review, and deliver project budgets that achieve NGE’s financial goals at a cost profile that is competitive and fits our clients’ budgetary constraints.
- Conduct product blue-sky brainstorming sessions with Creative, Project Management, Creative Producer, and subject matter experts to iterate upon client’s initial product vision.
- Use strong written and verbal communication skills to create deck templates and proposal outlines, edit marketing materials, and draft sales proposal copy.
- Use product management tools and frameworks such as Asana to steward product deliverables to completion on schedule.
- Review final product budgets and SOWs with Project Manager or Producers to ensure budget alignment with execution goals.
- Navigate conflicting interests of each product feature, subject matter discipline, client preference, NGE capabilities, and executive direction to craft the optimal product offering for both NGE and our clientele.
- Use product judgement to navigate complex and ambiguous product requests to deliver defined outcomes as tightly honed proposals that align with our clients’ care points.
- Act as an internal consultant for esports consulting projects.
- Act as ongoing product and game authenticity consultant for assigned client projects.
- Research new products outside of our existing ideal customer profiles, based on inbound sales development opportunities and leads.
- Work with the head of Product to update and maintain internal documents with support from subject matter experts.
- Iterate product development based on synthesis of both individual subject matter experts’ domain research and market feedback (project post-mortems, client and prospect feedback, overage and underage analysis).
- Perform client, industry, market and consumer research and intelligence.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Passion for video games and interactive media
- Experience in Esports, Product Strategy, Live Production, or Product Management
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time sensitive environments
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with high ambiguity
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Experience: 1 or more years product development or esports project management experience
Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional
Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes and autos), studios and on-location environments
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule