HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading esports company for new gaming titles.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that loves to represent diverse franchises across all kinds of creative media; for someone who gets fired-up thinking about crafting visual assets for the next generation of esports titles alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.
Reports To: Coordination Manager
WE NEED YOU TO
- Work alongside company founders to help shape the future of online esports entertainment
- Manage NGE’s Hospitality needs, with emphasis on Travel and Catering efforts.
- Work with Project Managers to determine a project’s hospitality needs and come up with an execution plan and budget forecasting/tracking.
- Lead initiatives to improve current Travel and Hospitality processes and develop new ones. Some initiatives may include internal report development, advanced travel documentation and communication methods, and tracking hospitality costs with efficiency and accuracy.
- Build and maintain close, productive relationships with internal teams.
- Build and maintain close relationships with Travel and Hospitality vendors. Negotiate deals and discounts when able.
- Work with third-party travel companies when necessary for organization of larger events.
- Provide top-notch, friendly hospitality service to players, clients, talent, etc., who have travel and hospitality requirements.
- Be solutions oriented and fast acting when faced with travel/hospitality plans change.
- Provide occasional onsite hospitality support, which may include hotel check in, transportation, and general travel coordination.
- Have insight into meal/craft services costs to better help estimate budgetary needs and understand state rules and regulations around meal penalties.
- Track the status of vendor paperwork and spends in real-time with Project Managers. Be able to read and interpret staffing contracts with vendors prior to use.
- Be the point of contact in the following areas: Player Care, VIP / Talent Handling, Gifts/Merch, and Special Services (massage therapist, food truck organization, etc.).
- Work side by side with stakeholders to ensure assignments and deliverables are completed on time.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings when needed
- Ensure all logistics involved in hospitality needs are planned and executed in a timely manner. Main responsibilities include:
- Book flights, hotels, transportation for events and internal staff (when requested).
- Book Catering and craft services for events and internal staff (when requested).
- Communicate all hospitality information to appropriate parties once booked and be highly responsive, organized, and detail oriented.
- Multitask across multiple disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a can-do approach and ability to perform under pressure
- Forward thinker, proactive approach to hospitality
- Perform tasks as assigned in a timely manner
YOU MUST HAVE
- Passion for video games and/or interactive media
- Previous experience with event hospitality, travel, catering, and logistics planning.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, production workflows, and coordinating in the entertainment industry
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Be detailed oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects that are executing simultaneously with overlapping schedules.
- Experience managing hospitality for international and multicultural guests.
- An advanced and understanding the Visa and immigrations laws for guests traveling to or from other countries.
- Strong diplomacy skills and the ability to get positive results.
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to travel internationally for work.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience: 3 or more years in event travel and hospitality industry
- Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Amount of Travel Required: Limited
- Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes and autos), studios and on-location environments
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.