(Closed) Broadcast Engineer II
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports platform that creates, manages and monetizes white label competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce s-rank live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We are uniquely positioned as one of the very few independent esports creators in the world.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that gets fired up thinking about building something great alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who despises the status quo and pushes to do things faster and better because they find that sort of thing fun.
The Broadcast Engineer is a lead team member of the NGE Broadcast Department. This department plans and provides services in order to achieve the goals of the client while keeping minimum downtime of the studios and maximum staff and equipment productivity. The work of the department is to keep delays to a minimum and provide immediate response to the client’s production needs. Technologies supported are TV Broadcast, TV Production, Streaming Video, IT and AV.
The Broadcast Engineer position is responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day maintenance and operations of the underlying broadcast and TV production technological infrastructure and for elements of IT technology that supports the activities of the studios. Due to the nature of the business, work hours may include nights and weekends. This position reports to the Director of Broadcast Technology.
- Technical Support- Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support and repair of broadcast technologies, television production and IT equipment across multiple functional areas. Act as a subject matter expert and first point of escalation for production and transmission. Participate in department’s efforts to investigate service anomalies or hardware malfunctions.
- Streaming support – Monitoring and troubleshooting video streams for web, social and other OTT platforms.
- Maintenance – Participate and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule in order to provide NGE with an efficient and reliable technical infrastructure.
- Business Continuity – Work with management to help plan future needs, and studio builds.
Emergency- Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24×7 responses to emergency facility needs.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Passion for video games, interactive media and technology
- In-depth knowledge of what things cost, who supplies them and how long they take
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Experience performing and leading in multiple departments in high growth environments
- The desire for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution would be great
- Minimum of five years’ experience in working as a broadcast engineer in television, video post-production, system’s integrator or digital media organization.
- Knowledge and experience in both IP technology and principles and broadcast technologies design and support.
- Experience with Windows and Apple desktop computer equipment and software applications.
• Experience in Project Management.
Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of and experience working with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office productivity software (Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar).
Amount of Travel Required: Limited
Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes and autos), studios and on-location environments
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by supervisors. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.