(Closed) Art Director (Set Design)
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading esports company for new gaming titles.
We are anticipating breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that loves to deliver distinctive, engaging, premium content; for someone who gets fired-up thinking about creating original content for the next generation of esports titles alongside a small, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.
As a wise old man once said, “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this!”
WE NEED YOU TO
- Work alongside a team of passionate gamers actively shaping the future of online esports entertainment
- Attend, contribute to, and eventually run set design think-tanks.
- Be able to decipher a client’s notes and transform them into inspiring set designs.
- Have a passion for integrating tech into sets. Research new emerging technologies that can be used to update our set design philosophy.
- Be able to create 3D renders for smaller sets whilst collaborating with outside design and fabrication vendors to execute larger set builds.
- Be able to deliver finalized designs and builds while staying within an approved budget.
- Track and manage build schedules across multiple projects while meeting final delivery deadlines.
- Be able to assist Project Management with the estimation of budgets for set fabrication in a timely manner.
- Never settle for second-rate fabrication if a delivered product is sub-par.
- Coordinate crewing for smaller set projects.
- Be able to read and create drafting packages for projects.
- Create and foster excellent relationships with fabrication vendors while also negotiating for the best possible rates and terms possible.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bring a clear, distinctive creative vision for each production.
- Have a can-do approach and ability to perform under pressure.
- Perform tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Passion for video games and/or interactive media.
- Must have experience in Adobe CC, production workflow, and 3D rendering software
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Be detailed oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time-sensitive environments
- Experience with designing and coordinating set installs for Live Events, Trade Shows, and in-studio productions.
- The desire for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience: 4 or more years digital video, commercial or broadcast production
- Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Amount of Travel Required: Limited
- Work Environment: Typical office, travel (trains, planes, and autos), studios and on-location environments
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.