(Closed) Accountant II AP
HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading esports company for new gaming titles.
We are experiencing breakneck growth and are looking for an individual that loves to make connections and steward lasting business partnerships; for someone who gets fired-up thinking about executing on ambitious esports products alongside the next generation of esports developers and publishers and our expanding, high-energy team. We want someone who pushes back on the status quo and does things faster and better - because that’s what gets them out of bed in the morning.
As a wise old man once said, “It’s dangerous to go alone, take this!”
WE NEED YOU TO
- Support month end close, quarter and year end close.
- Process financial transactions including vendor invoices by entering account information, reviewing GL accounts and/or preparing journal entries.
- Maintain accounting schedules for depreciation, cost accruals, etc.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting information and trends.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Recommends financial actions to the Controller by analyzing accounting options.
- Provide some guidance to accounting clerical staff by answering questions.
- Answers accounting related process and procedure questions from the company.
- Follow accounting and internal controls as well as supporting improvements.
- Support purchasing card process.
- Other tasks as assigned.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Must have experience in entertainment / game industry
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Exposure to working with operational departments
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to responsibly handle highly confidential and sensitive
- Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time sensitive environments
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOUR BONA FIDES
- Experience: 5 to 10 years in an accounting role
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Work Schedule: Be prepared to help build something great and work long hours, including occasional evenings
- Amount of Travel Required: None
- Work Environment: Typical office