Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The QA Lead is responsible for the overall quality of the games. This includes organizing testing plans for content updates, ensuring the quality of live services and other tasks in order to support the live service of online games
- Organize QA testing for new updates to ensure the quality of the contents including but not limited to creating proper test cases, managing testing schedules, and Live monitoring.
- Communicating with QA (external or internal teams), production team, and any other teams supporting the project to present schedules and status updates while providing publishing testing and endorsements.
- Manage and keep track of the JIRA database to better track QA workload and help production identify the larger issues.
- Work with Community and CS groups to document live game issues to improve overall game experience and user satisfaction.
- Support Web projects with testing microsites and newsletters on various browsers on PC & Mobile.
- Help hire and train new testers.
- Other duties as assigned
Types of decisions made by this position?
- Plan the testing schedule
- Organize the tasks by priority
- Determine bug severity
- Create / Update test cases
- Action prioritization
- Build Endorsements
- Schedule team’s planned work schedule
- 4+ years of game testing experience required
- Previous QA Leadership experience required
- PC Online game testing experience preferred
- Experience with the following
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Test Case Creation and Implementation
- Test Plan Creation and Implementation
- QA Documentation Creation
- Training QA Testers
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of QA testing procedures and methods
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good mix of analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools and processes
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction from managers and provide feedback to the team
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience or knowledge of FPS, MMO, or RPG games a plus
- Experience or knowledge of free-to-play games a plus
- Passion for gaming
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.