Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2022 for 2 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a Project Manager (Platform), our team provides an account system (login/signup), commerce features, web and launcher, and back-office for games. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing products along with analyzing the needs of regional stakeholders, game studios, and customers. This includes proposing new products and solutions that address customer needs, developing strategic directions and defining specifications of each functionality for features and services, overseeing and strategically prioritizing project backlogs and release plans ensuring to meet directions of products or the company’s goals.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Analyze requirements from stakeholders, customers, and define project objectives
- Conduct research and competitive analysis to determine best practices of platform features or services
- Propose new products and solutions for management approval
- Define software features by designing functional flows, development requirements, and specifications; interact with cross-functional teams for feasibility, and seek solutions to meet project goals
- Manage product life cycle by tracking user performance and operational issues
- Prioritize project backlogs and release plans
- Contribute to a positive and constructive communication
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant software product management experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or design-related field (or equivalent experience)
- A successful record of defining software products in a similar industry
- Expertise in creating comprehensive functional specifications for software products
- Understanding the basic concept of API and interaction between front-end and back-end
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Make critical product feature and functionality decisions
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience implementing a feature or product from scratch
- Product management or product owner training certification
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.