Project Manager, Localization Mobile. Bilingual (Korean/English)
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
This position manages the localization of Nexon’s mobile game titles into multiple languages on time and on budget through successful project management. This position is responsible for creating effective workflow processes between internal stakeholders, external developers, and localization vendors in collaboration with the Localization Manager to ensure consistent, high-quality localization. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, fostering communication between all internal stakeholders to keep them aligned, providing direction and key information to external partners, and overseeing the localization of all in-game and out-of-game content. He/she also reviews localized assets to ensure that they meet our standards and communicates linguistic feedback and bug reports to external vendors. This position also works with the Community team to gather information from the forums and with vendors to fix localization bugs.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful and on-time completion of each phase of localization including translation, recording, and LQA.
- Create localization kits and assess timelines for content releases
- Develop, improve, and implement Localization procedures, processes, and workflows with internal and external partners.
- Research new localization vendors, create and manage vendor database, provide vendor analysis reports, and make vendor recommendations to Localization manager and other product owners. This includes voice over studios as well as any localization software out in the market.
- Track budget and ensure external audio, voice-over, and localization work stay on budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Korean and English - Required
- Minimum of three years of project managing, with a demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Previous experience in game localization required
- Solid knowledge of the current state of the game industry preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with external vendors and talent in the recording and creation of voice-over preferred
- Must be able to prioritize the team’s work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to find solutions and provide recommendations to all levels of management
- Must have the ability to act proactively to solve problems, utilizing excellent time management and organization skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of quality management and process improvement methodologies
- Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills required
- Fluency in English and Korean is a must
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
- Experience with CAT tool is a must
- Experience with audio production is a must
- 5+ project managing or game localization-related experience required
- Localization experience with at least one AAA title is a must
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP certification preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.