Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Producer is responsible for owning the full game business for their assigned game(s). This may include working on several projects with a variety of cross-functional team members including internal and external developers and teams to ensure smooth development and delivery of high quality games. Prior experience or interest in Western strategy mobile game would be highly desired.
- Day to day cross functional leadership of the assigned game(s) full lifecycle, including strategic planning to ensure quality, effective activations around game launches, updates and general service; drive and support the cross functional game team, and consult with discipline leaders as needed, to constantly strive for improving executions around the game; ensure that key learnings and best practices are always applied while building a common purpose and ownership among all team members; ensure all communication pipelines are functioning both internally and externally
- Responsible for managing the P&L of the assigned game(s) and KPI of the game service(s)
- Craft a vision and a strategy for the launch of the game(s) & live service of the game(s), including creating an integrated strategy to ensure the successful launch and successful live game updates
- Review and approve every aspect of the game launch plans/executions & live game services plan/executions and ensure they are aligned with the vision and direction of the game; ensure that we are delivering the KPI requirements of the game
- Ensure the game is providing a stable and enjoyable game play environment to the player
- Manage developer relations to ensure all stakeholders and teams are aligned
- Other duties as assigned
TYPES OF DECISIONS MADE BY THIS POSITION :
- Strategic designs for the games
- Hire, terminate, evaluate employees
- Make all decisions that affect the assigned game
- 5+ years of game production/development experience
- 1+ years of leadership/management experience
- Online games experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven production leadership on high quality games
- Strong understanding of mobile Free-To-Play game design, development, and operations
- Demonstrated understanding of cohort analysis and control variables
- Solid understanding of the mobile game's environment
- Strong research and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Experience of designing/running ongoing live operations and planning IAP sales strategy'
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of the online games environment
- Exceptional project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong experience providing qualitative and productive game design feedback.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional/cross-organizational teams
- Bilingual in Korean and English is a Plus
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.