Manager, Corporate Strategy & Business Development
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This highly visible role is a critical part of Nexon’s new Corporate Strategy & Business Development group. Located in Beverly Hills, Nexon’s CSBD group is responsible for worldwide strategic planning, investments, M&A, and corporate development. In this capacity, it partners with senior leadership on many of the highest priority projects and initiatives for the company.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. On-site operation is currently scheduled for September 2021 in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Actively participate in corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions (and in the white spaces between them) to frame the corporate strategy, evaluate, recommend and drive alignment on key initiatives, and guide resource allocation
- Ensure the most important and impactful strategic questions relevant to the company are being understood and addressed
- Oversee and lead the scoping of research-based projects and secure stakeholder and working team engagement and alignment
- Develop deep relationships with business unit and functional area leaders and work closely with them to support the execution of key strategic priorities
- Support evaluation and execution of strategic initiatives and M&A/investment opportunities, including conducting due diligence, developing business cases, building financial models, and working closely with internal leaders and external advisors
- Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships across the organization
- 5-7 years of work experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Prior experience at a top tier management consulting firm, investment bank, or corporate development group at a major, multinational corporation
- Experience executing and managing research projects and translating data into strategic recommendations to aid in decision making
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, decision making, and quantitative skills
- Ability to develop deep, trust-based relationships and influence and communicate effectively throughout the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Self-starter and comfort with ambiguity; must be proactive starting day 1 on the job
- Possesses high level of intellectual curiosity about games, media, and consumer entertainment
- High energy, positive attitude, professional, and personal integrity are essential
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.