Localization Specialist (Mobile)
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Localization Specialist is responsible for translating and localizing all existing and new Nexon mobile games. He/she is also expected to perform content-related research on game updates and provide explanations on the original Korean content’s tone and style to his/her assigned project group. This position also requires providing interpretations for video conferences, teleconferences, and meetings between Korea and the U.S. that include executives or deals with confidential information as needed.
- Translate and localize in-game text, user interface, and other game strings.
- Review and provide linguistic feedback to a translation done by localization vendors or by Localization Coordinators as needed.
- Assist his/her PM in planning each localization project and updating various localization process documents as projects are received and completed.
- Perform content-related research on software products and provide explanations on the original Korean content’s tone and style to his/her project group.
- Provide interpretation support for video conferences, teleconferences, and meetings between Korea and the U.S. that include executives or deal with highly technical IT related and confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 – 4 years of related work experience
- 2+ years of game localization experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Creative writing techniques preferred
- Fluency in Korean and English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project coordination skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.