Brand Manager, PC & Console
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Brand Marketing team is responsible for defining the long-term brand strategy, brand identity and global marketing integration that ensures consistency in messaging across all player touchpoints throughout our specific game service regions.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for the planning, management, and execution of the marketing for Nexon America’s titles at a high level. This includes product positioning, budgeting, periodic business analysis and leading Brand strategy to hit business goals.
The Senior Brand Manager will be the Brand champion balancing the brand and marketing strategies while collaborating across multiple internal teams to ensure alignment with development schedules and marketing needs. You will play a central role in defining and executing the strategic brand vision and roadmap, sharing best practices/processes across the portfolio and company, and lead internal plus external relationships that bring to life our promise to our customers.
He or she must be self-motivated and prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment in a global company. He or she has experience working in the games industry and possesses a deep background in product marketing / brand strategy, and strong project management skills.
- Lead the day to day marketing business on your title working with cross-functional teams in publishing, production/development, & creative services to develop, present, and own the strategic Brand marketing plan to hit the established business KPI goals and Brand goals you establish to measure success.
- Proactively work with internal groups, outside agencies, and/or vendors for production of advertising, promotional materials, trailers and other marketing materials
- Shape Brand/Style Guide tenets, product messaging, and iconic creative guidelines with cross-functional teams against our target audiences. Ensure all assets and messaging tie back to the Brand style and Brand promise across the various groups. Periodically refresh to improve as the game & player base grows.
- Develop best-in-class brand development frameworks to optimize and evolve our brand identity across your title. Advocate these best practices across the entire portfolio.
- Spearhead change using consumer insights with Business Intelligence, internal tools, and external Research agencies to identify Brand/Paid Media/CRM/Game opportunities, and analyze brand health.
- Provide frequent reports, analysis, and recommendations for the Brand and business performance against KPI targets to various internal stakeholders
- Drive and/or support relationships with key external partners to build meaningful marketing plans and in-game executions that maximize exposure on campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Creates marketing plans within established budget
- Recommends the scope, design, and implementation of plan
- Spearhead the copy, creative, and target audiences of marketing plans
- Identify & Manage key external partners for cross promotional opportunities
- 5-8+ years’ experience in Product Marketing and/or Brand Management roles
- Experience bringing games to market, including building compelling marketing plans, creating/improving a brand, working internal groups and/or external agencies
- Capable of devising exceptional presentations, cutting-edge marketing strategies, and iconic creative backed up by insightful market and player analysis
- Experience managing direct reports and/or enjoys developing less seasoned colleagues both within and outside your immediate team
- Leads by example with an ability to build long-term relationships with key internal stakeholders and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Building and maintaining relationships with external business partners, platform partners, and marketing agencies
- Application of critical thinking and analysis to projects and workflow
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Results-driven personality who is self-motivated and consistently delivers high quality work despite managing multiple projects
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- Digital marketing and/or retail landscape experience
- Microsoft Office & Google Suite experience (Required)
- JIRA, Confluence, and/or other project management tools (Preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of online game market / games as a service model, and understanding of virtual goods
- Skilled in Brand Management. Comfortable both developing and refining these tenets for the Brand as well as advocating the framework to cross functional teams to execute against.
- Results-driven personality that is self-motivated, well organized, and consistently delivers high quality work
- Excellent eye for innovative creative and ways to stand out in a crowded digital landscape
- Ability to execute on a wide variety of concurrent projects on schedule in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical, strategic and interpersonal skills
- Constantly looking for ways to learn and improve without missing deadlines despite managing sometimes large and often very complex projects
- Must be self-motivated, have a team player mentality, and carry a positive attitude
- Passion for entertaining people and excited to be part of a team that works the same way.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.