Senior Product Designer
Level: Bachelor degree or higher
Experience: 5-8 years
Language Excellent English
We are the leading global provider of games and esports market intelligence. We help some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies target their audience, track competitors, spot opportunities, and make strategic and financial decisions. The Newzoo Platform is our flagship product that houses all our data and subscriptions. Launched in 2018, it is now the most comprehensive data platform in the market, providing clients insights into playing, viewing, and social behavior of gamers across more than a dozen data sources.
We're looking for a talented and experienced Senior Product Designer to help bring our platform to the next level. You'll join the product team based in Amsterdam and will own design for the platform throughout the product development lifecycle—from new disruptive ideas all the way to detailed interactions and polished visuals.
What will I be doing?
- Act as a design leader within the platform team, contributing to the high-level strategic decisions, and collaborating with other designers to make their work better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form impactful new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly define viability, and then design the fine-grained details of interactions
- Utilizing data (e.g. Hotjar, Amplitude) and direct user testing to gain insights that are worked into your designs
- Iterate based on feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of the design work and initiate design and development sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, and share what you have learned, both internally and if with the wider community (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
What skills do I need?
- Experience designing digital products and services, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem-solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- A strong grasp of data visualization design and an affinity to data as a whole.
- Comfortable talking to clients, performing user tests, and using analytics (e.g. Hotjar, Amplitude) to support decision making.
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Adobe XD, Framer, Figma, etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers and work in a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional agile team
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages. Your experience should ideally focus on designing platforms, with some proven experience to data visualization design.
What do we offer?
- Working with 90+ of the most talented people in the business totaling 30 different nationalities;
- A company culture that has diversity and inclusion at its core;
- Excellent secondary benefits including pension, well-being initiatives, and 25 paid vacation days per year;
- The ability to work directly with industry leaders helping to shape the future of games, hardware, media, and tech;
- A job that allows you to develop your own skills and further shape you career, providing a great platform for building an external profile;
- A continuous flow of social events initiated by our company and individual colleagues.
Please apply by sending your cv and motivation letter.