(Closed) Junior Front-End Developer
Newzoo is the leading tech-driven analytics and research company in the games industry. Our data—powered by our proprietary tech—is used by industry leaders in games, esports, media, and tech. Our innovative tech is a major part of what sets us apart from our competitors in the industry. To help us achieve our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to play a key role in an exciting new project that will reshape the core of our product offering. Throughout this position, you will work closely with our engineering and commercial teams to develop Newzoo’s next generation of dashboard interfaces.
- Developing our analytics platform and dashboards;
- Directly contributing to the team's front- and back-end efforts, using high-quality, well-tested, and scalable code;
- Using your experience as a front-end developer to further expand our team’s proficiency in React, Redux, and test-driven development;
- Being jointly responsible for the final user experience of 150+ international clients;
- Making clear documentation about written code.
- MSc or BSc degree (in Computer Science or something similar);
- High-level proficiency in working with React framework and Redux;
- Experience with performance-critical projects;
- Experience with (non-)relational databases and web servers;
- High-level understanding of web services and REST APIs (and how to implement them);
- Familiar with unit tests and test-driven development;
- Familiar with SCRUM or other Agile development methods;
- Experience with responsive web design;
- You enjoy working on greenfield development projects but can jump into existing products when necessary;
- You enjoy delivering code and getting products out to the end user for testing and feedback;
- Nice-to-have skills: experience with charting libraries (e.g. D3), Google Cloud Console, containerized deployments (Docker, Kubernetes), GraphQL, Python and PHP.
- A full-time job with a competitive salary in an office overlooking Amsterdam's harbor.
- Opportunity to develop your own skills and further shape your career, working directly with senior developers in the field;
- A personal development budget to help you grow as a developer;
- Chance to work on projects and products that directly impact the biggest international companies in exciting, fast-changing industries;
- Opportunity to impact an ambitious company that is growing each year.