Head of Consumer Insights
Newzoo takes away barriers for the games business to grow. Driven by our purpose, we have become a trusted and truly global provider of games and esports data and analytics. We support some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies in targeting their audience, optimizing their product development, tracking competitors, spotting strategic opportunities, and making big financial decisions. Over 13+ years, we have developed long-term relationships with our clients by providing data, insights and opinions they need to navigate to success in the ever-changing and -expanding field of gaming and esports. We have recently scaled up to 90 people, working from our offcies in Amsterdam, San Francisco and Shanghai, and plan to bring an array of new products and services to market.
We operate three complementary businesses: consumer insights, consulting and our own proprietary analytics platform, which brings together all our data, models and landmark reports in a single online destination. Within consumer insights, both our syndicated and custom research activities are commercially successful and growing steadily. Our annual syndicated research effort on games and esports covers over thirty countries worldwide. We also perform full-service custom research projects for our clients. For this, we have built a panel of over 50 million people together with our partner Dynata.
Newzoo aims to be recognized worldwide as the primary destination for consumer insights on games and esports, excelling in research methodology, innovation, data processing and storytelling. As our Head of Consumer Insights you will lead this effort. Overseeing approximately fifteen talented and passionate research analysts, your leadership will inspire individual team members and drive performance and development.
You will actively represent our consumer insights vision, activities and methodologies through direct client contact, public speaking engagements and other marketing initiatives. Your experience in taking company-wide responsibility for consumer inisghts related to games and tech will take our people, services and brand to the next level. Ideally you have experience working both at client and agency side.
As the thought leader of one of our three main businesses, you will be working closely with colleagues from our other two core businesses: consulting and our brand new proprietary analytics platform. You will co-operate with our consulting team to add value to the strategy and investment advisory projects that Newzoo takes on selectively. You will work with the team that manages the analytics platform to expand the scope of consumer insights included in the platform. You will also be able to tap into our data science team to innovate processes and combine data in new ways. On the business side, you will be supported by our business development and client success teams, market leads as well as our VP Custom Research, who is focused specifically on scoping and selling large custom research projects.
If you combine years of experience in creating value for clients through unique insights with a youthful passion for innovation and growing talent, you could be our ideal candidate. Let’s talk!
- Lead and grow our Consumer Insights capabilities, activities and client satisfaction;
- Set the vision and strategic direction of our syndicated games and esports consumer research, aligned with company objectives;
- Actively contribute to commercial success by creating solutions that solve client problems across various verticals including games, esports, sports, media, brands, technology, hardware, and peripherals;
- Establish Newzoo as the thought leader in the field of Consumer Insights, be the oracle of gaming and esports trends, and a champion for data integrity and quality;
- Inspire and motivate each individuals within the consumer research team and other related teams;
- Drive successful project execution, collaborating with senior team members and providing input/oversight to junior team members in coordinating logistics with internal & external operational teams (programming, fieldwork, facilities, moderators, data processing), and partnering effectively with others to meet strict deadlines;
- Coach your team on translating research data into actionable insights and recommendations through reports and presentations;
- Implement the optimal methodologies and technologies;
- Build relationships with our biggest clients and research partners;
- Contribute your expertise to strategic long-term and tactical short term company projects;
- Grow and maintain a global industry network within the field of consumer research;
- Support commercial objectives in designing research that solves client problems.
- 7-15 years of experience in research, including several years at client side in games or cosumer tech;
- Experience in designing and conducting quantitative as well as qualitative market research;
- High level of knowledge of the latest developments in research methodologies and technology;
- Strong industry network both in field of research as well as in games and tech;
- Ability to easily connect with people, excellent at building relationships, and drive to inspire and guide people within and outside our organization;
- Proven track record of successfully building and managing a team of research analysts and driving innovation and performance;
- Energetic, dynamic personality with strong work ethic;
- Exceptional communication, visualization and presentation skills;
- Ability to convert data into market- or client-specific correlations, predictions and recommendations;
- Possess strong understanding of statistics, especially in areas of multiple-linear regression;
- Hands-on experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis;
- Experience with statistical packages and data management tools (e.g., R, SPSS, SQL);
- Passion for consumer trends in games, media, and tech markets;
- Flawless business English both written and spoken;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering /Operations Research, Computer Science, Quantitative Psychology or Sociology
- We love quirks! Let’s work your unique interests or talents into your job.
- Full-time job with international travel to offices, events and clients across the globe;
- Preferred location: Newzoo HQ in Amsterdam; US can be considered, preferably West Coast;
- A high-profile job at the center of the world’s biggest form of entertainment: games;
- Working with 90+ of the most talented people in the businesss totaling 30 different nationalities;
- Strong compensation package including participation in our equity based incentive plan;
- Excellent secondary benefits including pension, healthcare and 25 paid vacation days per year;
- A continuous flow of social events initiated by our company and individual colleagues;
- A company culture that has diversity and inclusion at its core.