(Closed) Business Development Director
We are the leading global provider of games and esports data and analytics. We help some of the world’s largest entertainment, technology, and media companies target their audience, optimize their product development, track competitors, spot strategic opportunities, and make big financial decisions. For over 10 years we have been working closely with our clients to provide the data they need to navigate to success in the ever-changing and -expanding field of gaming and esports. We aim to enable as many people as possible to benefit from our work. To enable this, we have entered into a scale-up phase bringing an array of new products and services to market in the coming twelve months.
As our Business Development Director, you will take our commercial capabilities to the next level by leading our Business Development effort. Your overall goal is to significantly grow our revenues from existing clients and to win business from new clients, while successfully managing a team of talented sales executives.
In terms of growing revenues, you will lead by example. You will help identify, prioritize and convert new opportunities at existing clients, which include many global leaders in games, esports, media, and tech. You will also help identify, prioritize and convert prospects, turning them into lifelong happy clients. On a daily basis, you demonstrate the unique ability to understand business needs at both an individual and a company level and you come up of excellent ways to illustrate how market intelligence can bring value to a company.
As manager of a team of talented and passionate Business Development executives, you will lead and inspire the team and make sure all individual team members perform to the best of their ability. You motivate and mentor the team and ensure individual executives develop their skill set according to their personal development plan.
Your intelligence, knowledge and keen observations will allow you to inspire and challenge anyone working with you. Bringing a relevant network with you will ensure that you can hit the ground running. If you feel confident that you are the one, get in touch!
- Lead, inspire, and grow the Business Development team, currently consisting of five people, which is envisaged to grow in the next few years under your leadership;
- Oversee the qualification of and follow-up on incoming and proactively generated leads;
- Prioritize business development activities and sales-initiated marketing activities focused on key growth prospects and opportunities;
- Grow the recurring revenues from our current client base of over 150 companies in close cooperation with our team of Client Success Managers;
- Lead by example by hitting your personal and team targets through selling big-ticket deals to existing clients and prospects;
- Set individual and team targets for the Business Development team together with the Commercial Director;
- Manage, and report on, sales performance and actively share knowledge with your colleagues;
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts giving you a steady flow of referrals and leads for your team;
- You will regularly work with other teams (client success, product development, marketing, market analysis, consulting and custom research) to optimize commercial performance.
- MSc degree in Economics, Market Research, Business Administration, or similar.
- Flawless English (written and spoken).
- 7-10 years of experience in an international business development or sales management role within a relevant B2B environment;
- Energetic, dynamic personality with a strong work ethic and desire to conquer the world
- Passion for disruptive trends and/or games, sports, media, and tech markets;
- Experience selling recurring business in relevant markets such as game publishing, hardware and gaming peripherals, mobile services, sports and media.
- Proven track record in managing and growing a team of commercial professionals and in finding, scoping, negotiating, and closing big deals;
- Ability to easily connect with people and excellent at building relationships;
- Ability to translate market data into stories and insights for clients and vice versa: client needs into solutions;
- We love quirks! If you have particular unique interests or talents, we will work them into your personal development.
- Fulltime job in the center of Amsterdam, with international travel;
- A job with a very international outlook in a dynamic, ever-changing and fun industry;
- Extensive direct contact with employees of some of the smartest, most innovative, tech savvy companies in the world;
- Opportunity to participate in a long term equity based incentive plan;
- Plenty of room to develop yourself and shape your future career;
- Be part of a fast-growing, ambitious, young, and energetic team with over 20 nationalities;
- Chair massages, healthy lunch, Friday afternoon drinks, lots of parties and events (we always find an excuse to party!);
- Work from Ibiza for a week, travel and accommodation paid (if we hit our 2020 revenue target).