Newzoo is the global leader in games and esports analytics and research. We work with the biggest and best names in the global games, media, and hardware industries, such as Google, Facebook, and Nvidia. As Assistant Controller, your primary focus will be on our financial administration and monthly financial reporting. General accounting is your key strength, and you like to work in a highly organized manner with attention to detail. You value our consistent daily routines that ensure accuracy and structure, and you like to contribute to our warm and collaborative culture. In this role, you report directly to the Finance Director and will be part of our talented finance team.
Our finance team is a small team of four highly motivated professionals, and we support each other wherever needed. We rely on a highly automated environment in which we work closely together. You will be assisting in the monthly financial reporting process and be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping, including AP/AR and financial administration tasks. You will be thoroughly onboarded and coached by senior team members.
- Preparing financial reports and assisting with the preparation of reconciliations during the month-end closing process;
- Processing purchase invoices and credit card statements, review and processing of expenses reimbursements, and preparation of weekly payment list. (AP)
- Creating sales invoices, communicating with our international clients and follow-up on trade receivables, and performing vendor registration setups in the online systems of our corporate customers. (AR)
- Preparing, posting, and reconciling income and expense accruals and prepayments, making journal entries;
- Maintaining GL/Vendor/Customer master files thoroughly and accurately;
- Provide administrative and financial support to the team with numerous other finance and accounting tasks (incl tax filings).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Bookkeeping)/Finance/or similar field;
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar accounting position;
- International exposure and adaptability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel;
- Business fluent in English (Oral & written);
- Be part of a highly organized finance team that relies on a highly automated accounting environment powered by state-of-the-art financial software;
- Receive thorough training and day-to-day coaching from other team members whenever needed;
- The ability to work in a cool industry on projects and products that directly impact the biggest international companies that are shaping it;
- A challenging role within a fast-growing business and very dynamic environment;
- A diverse and inclusive culture that embraces another’s individual differences;
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance;
- Competitive salary and a good pension scheme;
- An annual budget for personal development.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls. We will continue monitoring the circumstances. When we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Amsterdam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues.