We're looking for a talented and passionate Engineer to join us at Never Forget Games, a studio based in Redwood City, CA (United States). We are open to this position being remote as long as the ideal person would be able to work in the California time zone (GMT-8).
Do you love going wide and doing many types of engineering week to week? Does being part of the design team excite you? Do you love to learn new things? Do you want to be part of a small team that sets its own destiny and never again worry about executive gates/reviews? Do you hate crunching to reach the next milestone, or crafting demo builds? Good, so do we!!!
This person needs to be a hands-on engineer with a breadth of experience or strong aptitude to learn new things quickly. We expect every member of our team to be a game designer. You should love to play and make games, and you should be able to help refine a design and push for quality.
The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a small team where the day to day job changes based on what the game needs.
About the Studio
Welcome to Never Forget, a studio on a mission to spread joy - we hope our games will provide players with lifelong memories.
We practice what we preach, so this extends beyond our audience and deep into our creation space. Life is too short to not love what you do!
What you'll do:
- Code: We build our games in Unity. Your ability to build efficient, scalable, and flexible systems will be crucial. You have a willingness to use other languages when required to solve problems effectively.
- Design: Every member of our team contributes to design. You are able to think about the game from a player perspective and not your own. You offer ways to improve a design while also simplifying implementation. “No” is not a word you use, you help find creative ways to achieve design intent.
- Collaborate: You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to build high quality games that will resonate with players.
- Communicate: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of experience programming games.
- Mobile and/or Unity experience is a plus.
- A love for game design and a solid knowledge of the mobile market.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume detailing your experience and qualifications for the role.
Who you are:
- Passionate: You care about making things great. You know this can be achieved without working long hours, but by perfecting your craft and focusing on players.
- Mobile Gamer: You play mobile games both for fun and for research. You have an understanding of why players love mobile games and can draw on your own gaming experiences to help solve design challenges.
- Autonomous: You prefer to define your work and determine how best to use your time. Your experience allows you to deliver quality consistently without management or project tracking.