Senior VFX Artist
NetherRealm Studios seeks a Senior FX Artist to work closely with the Lead FX Artist to create and maintain high quality Special Effects assets for the game. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Use Unreal 4, industry standard 3D and 2D packages, as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will include real-time interactive FX and pre-scripted cinema events.
- Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Mentors more junior members of the effects team and serves as a repository of special knowledge for the group.
- A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as an artist in the industry.
- At least 1 published game, preferably PS4 or XBox One.
- Must have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time particle systems.
- Experience with Unreal 4 and Niagara preferred.
- Experience with UE4 Materials creation for FX preferred.
- Experience with UE4 blue prints preferred.
- Houdini FX experience a plus.
- Proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max a plus.
- Experience with a scripting language a plus.
- Experience with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and similar applications a plus.
- Strong understanding of FX optimization and measuring performance on PS4/Xbox.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's approved.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.