WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
NetherRealm, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer to work in our Koretech engine team to modify and extend Unreal Engine for the Mortal Kombat™ and Injustice™ franchises
As a Senior Engineer you will work closely with other engineers and our amazing artists to develop modern game tools, pipelines, and systems. You will work on runtime systems targeting Xbox Series X and PS5, artist facing tools, and the pipelines for making a AAA game at scale. You will design, implement, and optimize novel features inside and outside Unreal Engine.
We expect everyone to continue learning and have a passion for making a great engine and a great game. The Koretech team is filled with accomplished engineers, and we hold each other to a high standard. We are practical engineers that value high quality code delivered in a timely fashion.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, and optimization
- Designed, implemented, optimized, and maintained systems for a published game (preferred)
- Experience developing for modern consoles (preferred)
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game from concept to ship (preferred)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent
- Experience collaborating with content creators and engineers to accomplish difficult tasks
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Understanding of common software design tradeoffs and issues
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with engineers and non-technical people.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]