WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title! Turbine: Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the upcoming Game of Thrones® mobile game. Avalanche: Avalanche Software was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from Disney in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE is a companion video game to the upcoming Cars 3, in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team. WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WBG San Diego is looking for a Game Producer to help lead the creation of a new free-to-play, cross platform game from pre-production through to release and into live operations.
As a Producer, you’ll be part of a growing team focused on building great games on time and at a high quality. You’ll engage with the team, WB partners, and outsourcing to support all development efforts from pre production through launch and intro live operations. High communication skills are required to coordinate the development pipeline across all departments internal and external.
- Work with senior production, leads, and the team to develop and maintain a clear project schedule
- Support the team daily, managing meetings and removing roadblocks
- Monitor product health with a strong partnership with QA & CS
- Manage product submissions and live operation requirements
- Prioritize and distribute tasks, bugs, and interdepartmental needs
- Guide and troubleshoot product submissions on all platforms and services
- Manage the internationalization/localization of the game in coordination with other departments
- Identify, track, and actively mitigate issues that could put project goals or schedule at risk
- Champion and support a positive studio culture built around communication and trust
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Production, Product Management, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required, both written and verbal
- Strong time management, coordination and work ethic required
- 2+ years working on mobile or console games
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Must be collaborative and an effective negotiator
- Must be a resourceful and creative problem solver
- High technical understanding of games and technology
- Must have working knowledge of multiple development practices. Agile, Lean, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.
- Comfortable with project management software (JIRA, Hansoft, Trello, etc.)
- Interested in being in the trenches, involved with day to day decisions and providing support
- Passionate about games, game development, and the games business as a whole
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.