Junior Associate Software Engineer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
NetherRealm: The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family.
With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape.
The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room! Monolith: For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals.
We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Junior Associate Software Engineer to work closely with the award-winning technology team behind the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises building cutting-edge technology and powering the development of NetherRealm's next generation of console games. This is a 9 month fixed-term contract.
As part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both tools specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
- Modify and extend core engine/game systems with a focus on future technology.
- Port engine/game code to new platforms, and integrate/maintain our key engine/game systems
- Work with artists and designers to implement gameplay features, editor functionality, and improve overall workflow for the team.
- Under direction of the team leads, work with the engine/game code to help identify and optimize bottlenecks.
- Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
- Experience developing engine tools for 3D games for a console (preferred).
- Experience working with artists and collecting requirements (preferred).
- Familiarity with the workings of 3D design tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc.) (preferred).
- Working knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Working knowledge of C++. We are looking for people with a good understanding of the language, and an appreciation for object-oriented architecture.
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- A passion for video games.
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment.
- Highly motivated to build easy to use, robust tools.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.