WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc, and developers of Mortal Kombat and Injustice, seeks an Associate Producer to be responsible for overseeing the assigned portions of the development team on one or more AAA projects. This position directly supports product development by providing communications, organizational, and leadership to assigned creative teams. The Associate Producer will be the key information conduit for all assigned teams, and will work as part of the full production team to provide broad support in constructing the highest possible quality of finished product. This position will be involved in all phases of production, from concept through a live product pipeline.
The ideal candidate has previously led an internal, games development team, has shipped successful games on Console, and has also worked in the Mobile space.
- Manage the schedule of assigned disciplines as part of a production team collectively responsible for the entire product schedule.
- Ensure that all project goals set by the Production leadership are being met.
- Identify processes and pipelines needed to maximize product development effectiveness
- Remove roadblocks that interfere with delivery of the best quality product within the defined timetable as required, coordinate with outsourcers or the Outsourcing Manager to ensure external partners are delivering on required assets
- Communicate current status of all assigned disciplines regularly to stakeholders
- Work closely with other producers to ensure all disciplines are in alignment on creative schedules
- Assist the discipline leads in defining goals for all assigned teams to ensure all team members understand their schedules and expectations
- Support PR interviews or events as requested.
- Accept and integrate feedback from senior studio staff
- Act as mentor/coach/advisor as required to all team personnel, from interns to leads, to help them succeed in delivering on product goals
- Be a role model to all team members
- Use your leadership skills to engage your team members and inspire them to follow your guidance
- Decisions that impact areas outside of assigned disciplines
- Minimum of 1 years of experience working in a production capacity
- Prefer experience in the video game industry, preferably with AAA console titles
- Experience working with outsourcing partners strongly desired
- Must be able to travel as required for tradeshows
- Must be passport eligible
- Expert-level knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA, Hansoft, or similar
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to solve complex problems expediently
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and team-oriented
- Customer-driven focus with a can-do attitude
- Cool under pressure
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.